Submitting an application under the Expression of Interest does not automatically grant the applicant acceptance into Curiocity Brisbane 2021.
Any/all costs incurred in preparing an Expression of Interest are to be borne by the applicant.
Installations, activations, events and related activities, artwork, content, concepts, collateral and specifications must be approved by Tourism and Events Queensland in writing before commencement of production and must comply with the Curiocity Brisbane brand guidelines.
All submissions, collateral and concepts must not bring Tourism and Events Queensland into disrepute, must be of family friendly nature, must not incite violence, must maintain the creative integrity of Curiocity Brisbane and be for general exhibition i.e. suitable for viewing by children without parental supervision.
Any content, footage, information, biographies and photos provided or produced by you in connection with Curiocity Brisbane will be used by Curiocity Brisbane, Curiocity Brisbane Sponsors, Tourism and Events Queensland, Brisbane Economic Development Agency, Curiocity Brisbane contractors and tourism third-parties for marketing and promotional use.
You also grant the right for Tourism and Events Queensland, Curiocity Brisbane sponsors, Curiocity Brisbane contractors and tourism third-parties to edit any content, footage, information, biographies and photos, without further approval, for marketing and promotional use in line with the below use terms.
The Applicant acknowledges and agrees to allow Tourism and Events Queensland, Brisbane Economic Development Agency, Curiocity Brisbane sponsors, Curiocity Brisbane contractors, media, commercial photography and film companies, and tourism third-parties, to film and photograph their event, content, installation and use any images and footage without the need for credit and/or further approval. Use is given on the following basis — royalty-free, for distribution and communication worldwide, free of charge, in any media whether now known or later devised and in perpetuity. Such uses may include books, merchandise and films from which revenue and profit may be derived.
By submitting an application under this Expression of Interest you consent to, and grant permission for, Tourism and Events Queensland to share your application with third-parties for the purposes of review and assessment. By submitting an application you consent to this disclosure.
This document remains subject to change at the sole-discretion of Tourism and Events Queensland, including but not limited to locations, dates and times.
Acceptance of all proposals is subject to the approval of all relevant development applications and landowner approvals. The Applicant acknowledges that development applications are ultimately determined by the respective land owners and not Tourism and Events Queensland.
An Applicant or contributor to the event (speakers or sponsors) must not engage in any media or public communications or publicity related to Curiocity Brisbane or their installation, activation or event, regardless of their application outcome, without the prior written consent of Curiocity Brisbane and Tourism and Events Queensland. The Applicant must act in good faith and upon reasonable notice with respect to any promotion and publicity that Tourism and Events Queensland or its PR/Media Agencies undertakes in connection with contracted installations, activations or events as part of Curiocity Brisbane free of charge.
The Applicant must not release or promote their involvement in Curiocity Brisbane until the Official Media Launch. The Applicant agrees to work with Tourism and Events Queensland and/or its PR/Media agencies with regard to promotion and publicity opportunities. All media releases must be approved in writing by Curiocity Brisbane and Tourism and Events Queensland before release.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF WORKS
The artist will own all intellectual property of any designs/works commissioned for Curiocity Brisbane. If any commissioned and/or premiering designs/works, are later exhibited at another event or festival, the artist will ensure that acknowledgment is given to the design/work being originally commissioned for Curiocity Brisbane.
INFORMATION, DATA AND RESEARCH
The use of any data collection technology as part of an installation must be pre-approved by Tourism and Events Queensland and must satisfy the requirements of any legislation and guidelines that govern the collection and use of such information. A copy of any data, primary or secondary research or other information collected at an installation must be provided to Tourism and Events Queensland within seven (7) days after the conclusion of the event.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – PUBLIC
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Successful applicants are required to enter into an agreement with Tourism and Events Queensland. The Applicant must be a registered business and hold an ABN, ACN or international equivalent. The agreement will include, but is not limited to the items detailed in the tabs below. General terms and conditions apply to all applicants.
If your submission is approved, the organisation which is contracted to deliver the installation/activation must take out and maintain, on its own behalf, a minimum of AUD$10 million public liability insurance cover with a reputable insurance company for the period of the contract. You will be required to provide confirmation of such cover to Tourism and Events Queensland upon signing the contract.
All applicants are responsible for the following:
Safety of their installation
Obligation to ‘make good’ any installation faults throughout the event
Abiding by any directions given by Tourism and Events Queensland or its nominated third party with regard to safety
MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
All applicants are required to provide, and update, the following content when requested:
- ARTIST/S BIOGRAPHY – A 500 word full biography on each artist involved in the activation. This should include key information such as recent works, awards and where they are from.
- WORK INSTALLATION DESCRIPTION – A 500 word description of your interactive installation
- HOW WORK RELATES TO STEAM PRINCIPLES – A 500 word description of your interactive installation
- A MINIMUM OF 3 HIGH-RESOLUTION RENDERS OF YOUR INSTALLATION – These images must be suitable for the Curiocity Brisbane website and must be delivered in the requested file format, size and resolution.
- HIGH-RESOLUTION PHOTOGRAPH OF ALL ARTISTS INVOLVED IN THE CREATION OF YOUR INSTALLATION – These images must be delivered in the requested file format, size and resolution for PR and media use
- All marketing material must be approved in writing by Tourism and Events Queensland before release.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – SCHOOLS
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Successful Queensland schools will be required to enter into Memorandum of Understanding with Tourism and Events Queensland.
- Entry is open to Queensland schools and their associated students registered or enrolled in Year 3 to Year 12 in 2021. For home-schoolers, entry is open to children aged between 8 – 18 year old.
- If submissions include images of students, it is assumed that teachers have obtained the necessary parental/ guardian consent.
- Tourism and Events Queensland, Brisbane Economic Development Agency, Curiocity Brisbane will not be liable for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- Entries must be made on a school basis.
- Each Entrant warrants to the Tourism and Events Queensland, Brisbane Economic Development Agency, Curiocity Brisbane that all submitted content is entirely the original artistic work of the Entrant and does not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Each eligible entry will be individually judged based on the originality and creative merit of the submission created in response to the criteria set out in the Queensland schools Expression of Interest.
- There will be three primary schools and three high schools deemed as winners. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by 30 November 2020.
- Winning schools will be provided with a Professional Maker who will have a valid Blue Card.
- Tourism and Events Queensland, Brisbane Economic Development Agency, Curiocity Brisbane and its third parties, will not be liable for claims, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered, sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect/inconsequential loss) as a result of, arising out of, or in any way connected with the Curious Schools Expression of Interest, except for liability that cannot be excluded by law.
MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
All applicants are required to provide, and update, the following content when requested:
- WORK INSTALLATION DESCRIPTION – A minimum of 100 to a maximum of 500 word description of your interactive installation
- HOW WORK RELATES TO STEAM PRINCIPLES – A minimum of 100 to a maximum of 500 description of your interactive installation
- A MINIMUM OF 1 to a MAXIMUM OF 3 DRAWINGS or HIGH-RESOLUTION RENDERS OF YOUR INSTALLATION
All marketing material must be approved in writing by Tourism and Events Queensland before release.
Tourism and Events Queensland/Curiocity Brisbane displays User Generated Content (UGC) from social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok on our website and other digital platforms and within our electronic direct mail (eDMs). Tourism and Events Queensland/Curiocity Brisbane does not claim to have ownership to any of the images, videos or content posted through these channels. However, by posting to the Tourism and Events Queensland official channels or tagging @CuriocityBrisbane or #curiocitybrisbane you hereby grant TEQ/Curiocity Brisbane a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, revocable, non-transferable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and/ or reproduce your content without limitation in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts.
On the Tourism and Events Queensland and/or Curiocity Brisbane social media channels we will credit your name and / or business name but due to technical reasons, some of the UGC shared on the website may not be credited. You can revoke this licence at any time but contacting us via email at email@example.com
Furthermore, due to technical reasons, some of the UGC shared on the website is not always reviewed by Tourism and Events Queensland/Curiocity Brisbane before displaying on the site and does not necessary reflect the views of Tourism and Events Queensland/Curiocity Brisbane. If you find the content to be inappropriate or discriminatory, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report the issue.
There may be facilities on our website and social media channels for you to submit or post Content. Where you submit Content (in whatever format):
you absolutely and unconditionally assign (and agree to use your best endeavours to procure any relevant third parties to absolutely and unconditionally assign) to us all right, title and interest in all intellectual property rights in any Content you submit;
- you agree that whether and in what form the Content is published on our social media channels or the website at Tourism and Events Queensland’s/Curiocity Brisbane’s sole discretion;
- you give unconditional consent for the Content to be altered, edited or adapted as Tourism and Events Queensland/Curiocity Brisbane or a sub-licensee thinks fit, including in a way that would otherwise be a breach of your moral rights. This consent extends to licensees and successors in title, and to all persons who are authorised by the owner or prospective owner, or by such a licensee or successor in title, to do acts comprised in the copyright;
- you agree that you do not require, nor does anyone else require, attribution for the Content; and
- you acknowledge that you may be held legally responsible for the Content you submit. You acknowledge that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of such Content.
- you agree not to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, pornographic, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, related to gambling, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or radically, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, including but not limited to;
- Content that depicts or alludes to or promotes offensive or illegal behaviour;
- Content that exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- Content that harasses or advocates harassment of others;
- Content that promotes or incites racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Content that contains nudity, violence, or contains a link to an adult website;
- Content that provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, personal banking or financial information, URLs or email addresses;
- Content that promotes information that the user knows is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- Content that furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy or creating computer viruses;
- Content that includes a photograph or image of another person or another person’s property that has been submitted without that person’s consent (or where that person is under the age of majority under an applicable law, the consent of their parent or legal guardian); or
- multiple repetitive or successive off-topic posts;
- you agree not to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- you agree not to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have the right to make available under any applicable law or under any contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as a part of employment relationships);
- you agree not to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trade mark, confidential information, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- you agree not to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising and promotional materials; or
- you agree not to upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any malicious code.
1.3 By posting Content to the website, or our social media channels, you warrant that:
- you have the rightful power and authority to provide the Content in the form and manner and name in which it is submitted;
- you own the Content and have the right to assign copyright ownership and other Intellectual Property Rights in the Content to us;
- the Content does not violate the privacy rights, copyright, contract rights or other rights (including but not limited to intellectual property rights) of any person, corporation or entity;
- the Content does not contain material that is illegal, contrary to any laws, indecent, obscene, threatening, discriminatory, harassing, in breach of any confidence, defamatory, libellous, offensive or objectionable;
- if the Content in any way includes third parties or the property of third parties, that you have obtained the required consents and releases from those third parties (or their parents or legal guardians, as applicable) to include them in your Content;
- your Content does not contain any representations or material which you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be false, misleading or deceptive;
- your Content does not contain material that has been previously broadcast, streamed, published or televised in any way;
- you will not post Content or use the website for the purpose of advertising, promoting or soliciting any goods or services or otherwise engage in trade or commerce;
during the course of creating your Content your conduct was not illegal, contrary to any applicable law, indecent, obscene, threatening, discriminatory or harassing to any person; and
- you agree to your Content being available on the website and our social media channels for public viewing and comment and that your Content may be used by Tourism and Events Queensland/Curiocity Brisbane or its sub-licensees in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for any purpose in our sole discretion.
1.4 You acknowledge that Tourism and Events Queensland/Curiocity Brisbane may or may not pre-screen Content, and that there is no obligation on Tourism and Events Queensland/Curiocity Brisbane to pre-screen Content, and that Tourism and Events Queensland/Curiocity Brisbane shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any Content provided by you.
1.5 Without limiting the above you agree that Tourism and Events Queensland/Curiocity Brisbane may edit, remove or not publish any Content if it considers that:
the Content is unlawful in any way, including because it is defamatory or breaches laws about unlawful discrimination, racial vilification, privacy or contempt;
the Content is false or misleading;
- publication of the Content will infringe intellectual property rights (including copyright) or a person’s moral rights;
- the Content is abusive, offensive or obscene; or
- the Content is otherwise in breach of these Terms.
1.6 Although we may from time to time monitor or review Content, discussions, chats, postings or other contributions to the websites and social media channels, we are under no obligation to do so and we assume no responsibility or liability arising from the contents of any such communications nor for any error, defamation, libel, obscenity, profanity or inaccuracy contained in any such communication.
OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license from third parties all rights, title and interest (including copyright, designs, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in this website and in all of the material (including all text, graphics, logos, audio and software) made available on this website (Content).
Your use of this website and use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to you in relation to this website or the Content. However we do grant you a licence to access the website and view the Content on the terms and conditions set out in these Terms and, where applicable, as expressly authorised by us and/or our third party licensors.
Any reproduction or redistribution of this website or the Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. In addition, you must not copy the Content to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited.
All other use, copying or reproduction of this website, the Content or any part of it is prohibited, except to the extent permitted by law.